Connecting past to present and future
Guampedia’s Lesson Plans help teachers make our island’s history and culture come alive in the classroom. All the lesson plans are free and contain links to additional online resources.
The initial Guampedia Lesson Plan Project was developed in partnership with local educators to incorporate Guam’s rich history and culture into our island’s many, diverse classroom settings. By working together, we can help students connect Guam’s past to its future.
The Guampedia Lesson Plan Project was funded by a grant from the Guam Preservation Trust. The Earth Science lesson plans are funded by a Sea Grant at the University of Guam.
The plans utilize the extensive, in-depth information available on Guampedia to incorporate Guam history and culture into numerous different subjects. Lesson plans are available for all age levels – from elementary school through high school – and include additional activities to accommodate diverse settings and skill-levels.
New lesson plans continue to be added to the collection; a series of Earth Science lesson plans on the effects of bio-degradable and non-biodegradable waste on our island’s environment are under development now, with the first few included here. Local educators are also encouraged to submit their own lesson plans for inclusion in the database, and to provide feedback on the current collection of lesson plans.
Lesson Plans by
- Middle School
- High School
- Environmental Science
- Home Activity
- Language Arts
- Oral History
- Physical Education
- Social Studies
- Breadfruit & Open Spaces Writing
- Classifying Animals
- Compassion and Solidarity
- Culture and Me
- Diving With Sirena
- Gender Roles
- Geography of Micronesia
- I Am Different
- Let’s Talk Story
- Oh, Where Can I Be?
- Our Place In The World
- Personal Narrative Essay
- Understanding Culture
- Vegetables and Fruits
- What Does Migration Mean?
- Early Civil Rights and Non-US Citizenship (1898-1944)
- Post War Reconstruction and Guam Congress Walkout
- Organic Act of Guam (1950)
- Guamanian Era (1960s – 1970s)
- Contemporary Era (1980s – Present)
- CHamoru Efforts
- Lesson Plan: Historical and Cultural Heritage Sites Film Project, Sumay
- Lesson Plan: Historical and Cultural Heritage Sites Film Project, Ritidian
- Lesson Plan: Historical and Cultural Heritage Sites Film Project
Sign up for our newsletter to be kept in the loop about Guampedia’s new entries and ongoing work.