Chicken Tinaktak: Recipe
Chicken with coconut cream
- 2 cups chicken meat (liver, gizzard and white meat, etc.), finely chopped
- ¼ cup onions, chopped
- 1 lemon, squeezed for juice
- 8 cherry tomatoes (or 1 medium-sized tomato), diced
- ½ cup green pepper, chopped
- ½ cup coconut cream
- Salt, to taste
Combine above ingredients, except coconut cream, in a saucepan and cook until meat is well done. Then, add coconut cream and turn off the heat.
Makes 2-4 servings.
By Candelaria T. Rios
|Editor’s note:||This recipe is from Lepblon Fina’tinas Para Guam: Guam Cookbook, 1985. Reprinted with permission from Congresswoman Madeleine Z. Bordallo, Y Inetnon Famalao’an (Women’s Association)*.|
* Y Inetnon Famalao’an was a women’s organization composed of cabinet wives and women executives in the government of Guam.