When the Guam Museum opened at the Garden House, Plaza de España in 1954, members of the Guam Women’s Club and Guam Historical Club volunteered their time to staff it. A year later the government hired Thelma Glenn, one of the Guam Women’s Club members, to be a museum attendant. She worked three days a week until 1957 when she was hired full time. She stayed until 1976, showing visitors and Guam school children around and keeping watch over the collections.
Glenn worked to build up the Guam Museum collections, communicating with former governors of Guam and many others to bring new items of interest into the Museum. Many people who remember the old Guam Museum at the Garden House especially remember Glenn and her exhibits and storytelling sessions with school children. She passed away in 1995.