Guampedia, Guam’s Online Encyclopedia, is a comprehensive, informational resource intended to spur critical thinking about the island’s complex history. The primary objectives of Guampedia project revolve around preservation, access and education:
- Preservation of Guam’s history and culture through conveyance of important events and people in encyclopedia entries;
- Access to text with photographs, audio and video; and
- Education through locally produced and focused material on the island’s heritage for schoolchildren and for a worldwide public in order to strengthen global knowledge of Guam through with accurate and well written texts.
If you would like to contribute support to Guampedia contact us at [email protected] or by mail:
303 University Drive
Mangilao, GU 96923
You can also donate now. Your contributions will only be used for the Guampedia project.
Project sponsors to date include
- National Endowment for the Humanities
- Guam Preservation Trust
- Bank of Guam
- U.S. Department of the Interior, Office of Insular Affairs
- A & B Foundation
- Guam Council on the Arts and Humanities Agency
- Gannett Foundation
- Guam Women’s Club
- Guam Naval Officers’ Spouse Connection
The founder of the Guampedia project is the Guam Humanities Council. Guampedia is an independent non-profit organization incorporated on Guam. Guampedia is a tax-exempt organization, both on Guam and federally.