Sisters of the Good Shepherd
30 years with Alee Shelter
The Sisters of the Good Shepherd, also called Good Shepherd Sisters, are a Catholic community of women religious founded by Saint Mary Euphrasia Pelletier in France in 1835. The Sisters’ main charism is ministering with women, especially those in economic, family or moral difficulties.
The Good Shepherd Sisters worked on Guam in 1970s until the early 2000s, managing the Alee Shelter for abused women and their children and assisting at Catholic Social Services. They lived in Ordot and also assisted in San Juan Bautista parish there. Although the sisters no longer work on Guam, they are now ministering in Saipan.
For further reading
Sisters of the Good Shepherd: Vocations in North America “Ministries- National Advocacy Center.” (accessed August 9, 2010).
Sisters of the Good Shepherd: Vocations in North America “Who We Are – Our Beginnings.” (accessed August 9, 2010).