Kadon Mannok: Recipe
- 1 chicken, cut up into pieces
- ½ medium-sized onion, chopped
- 8 medium-sized Chinese cabbage leaves cut 1½ inches long
- 2 tablespoon cooking oil
- salt and pepper, to taste
In a 3 quart saucepan, sauté onions in oil. Add chicken, salt and pepper. Cover pan and reduce to medium heat. Steam chicken until most of the juice is gone. Add enough water to cover the chicken and cook until done. Add Chinese cabbage to boiling broth and cook for about 5 minutes. Serve hot over rice.
Editor’s note: This recipe is from Lepblon Fina’tinas Para Guam: Guam Cookbook, 1985. Reprinted with permission from Congresswoman Madeleine Z. Bordallo, Y Inetnon Famalao’an* (Women’s Association).
* Y Inetnon Famalao’an was a women’s organization composed of cabinet wives and women executives in the government of Guam.