Guampedia, Guam’s Online Encyclopedia, is a comprehensive, informational resource intended to spur critical thinking about the island’s complex history. The primary objectives of Guampedia project revolve around preservation, access and education:
- Preservation of Guam’s history and culture through conveyance of important events and people in encyclopedia entries;
- Access to text with photographs, audio and video; and
- Education through locally produced and focused material on the island’s heritage for schoolchildren and for a worldwide public in order to strengthen global knowledge of Guam through with accurate and well written texts.
If you would like to contribute support to Guampedia contact Shannon Murphy, Guampedia Managing Editor at firstname.lastname@example.org or by mail at Guampedia UOG Station Mangilao, GU 96923.
You can also donate now. Your contributions will only be used for the Guampedia project.
Project sponsors to date include
- National Endowment for the Humanities (accessed July 19, 2010).
- Guam Preservation Trust (accessed July 19, 2010).
- Bank of Guam (accessed July 19, 2010).
- U.S. Department of the Interior, Office of Insular Affairs (accessed July 19, 2010).
- A & B Foundation (accessed July 19, 2010).
- Guam Council on the Arts and Humanities Agency (accessed July 19, 2010).
- Gannett Foundation (accessed July 19, 2010).
- Guam Women’s Club (accessed July 19, 2010).
- Guam Naval Officers’ Spouse Connection (accessed July 19, 2010).
The founder of the Guampedia project is the Guam Humanities Council (accessed April 12, 2009). Guampeda is an independent non-profit organization incorporated on Guam. Guampedia Foundation, Inc. is a tax-exempt organization, both on Guam and federally.