Colegio

Image by Js. Arago from Freycinet’s Voyage Autour de Monde (Paris 1824). Courtesy of the Guam Public Library System.

The Colegio de San Juan de Letrán, a boy’s school or seminary, is established in 1669 in Hagåtña by Father Diego Luis de San Vitores, the Jesuit priest who started the first Catholic mission in the Marianas. It was still in existence in 1899 when the Americans claimed the island.